Sports Premium Funding
We have won the gold award again in summer 2023!
At Charlestown Primary School we believe that all children should have the opportunity to achieve their full potential in PE and School Sports, through receiving high quality PE and sports teaching and an exciting and challenging curriculum.
All children are entitled to high quality PE sessions which include dance, gymnastics, invasion games, net/wall games, striking and fielding games, swimming and athletics. There are also opportunities for children to continue to develop these skills through extra-curriculum clubs, playtime and lunchtime activities.
We are very proud of all children who have represented the school at both local and city wide competitions and we aim to include all year 6 children in a sports festival or tournament before they leave school.
The government is providing additional funding for primary schools to improve the provision of physical education. This funding is ring-fenced and can therefore only be spent on the provision of PE and sport. Charlestown Primary School have received:
£19,500 for the academic year 2022/23 and 2023/24
How are we using the funding to benefit our children at Charlestown?
We have allocated the funding in a number of ways:
- Professional development for both the PE lead and teachers - dance is our focus again in 2023-24
- Extra PE clothing to ensure all children can access their PE lessons
- Competition clothing
- To increase pupil participation in the Manchester PE association games
- Transport to competitions
- After school sports activities
- Enhanced sport learning opportunities
- Our investments are sustainable because we invest in good quality equipment and CPD. This means our children receive the best provision by the best people and will always have PE kit to enable them to participate. By providing transport, we will guarantee that no child is disadvantaged by being unable to attend a sporting event.